Savoury & Sweet Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Savoury and sweet flavours combine in a side dish, that just might be the main event. Recipe was made exclusively for Becel by Chef Matt Dean Pettit.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 4
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dried sage
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Manuka honey, slightly heated to soften
- Pinch each salt and pepper
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each sweet potato, 1/8 to 1/4-in. (3 to 6 mm) apart, stopping about ¼ in. (6 mm) from the bottom. Your sweet potato should look like an accordion.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* nutmeg, sage and honey.
- Place sweet potatoes on parchment paper-lined baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, brush honey mixture over the tops and into the grooves of each sweet potato. Reserve remaining honey mixture as glaze after baking.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until sweet potatoes are soft and fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and brush sweet potatoes with the remaining honey mixture. Serve warm.
*Becel Gold in Quebec