Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 8
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 10 ounces (300 g) cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. (500 g) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa, cooked according to package directions (about 1 cup cooked)
- 4 slices sandwich bread, processed into crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) no salt added tomato sauce, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (176°C). Spray 8 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet and cook mushrooms, zucchini and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to brown and tender, about 8 minutes; let cool.
- Combine mushroom mixture with ground turkey, cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL.) tomato sauce, egg and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes.
- Blend remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Brush tops with tomato mixture and return to oven until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
TIP: For a gluten free version, replace whole wheat bread with gluten free bread.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.
TIP: No muffin pan? Just form mixture into a loaf and arrange in shallow roasting pan. Bake 40 minutes. Brush top of loaf with tomato mixture and return to oven until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes.