Banana, Date and Walnut Muffins
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time25 min
- Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups ripe, mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup Becel® salted margarine sticks , melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
|Total Fat||9.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.000 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.000 g|
|Total Carbs||44.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.0 g|
|Vitamin D||0.000 mcg|
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Spray 12-cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, melted Becel® sticks, vanilla and bananas in medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into flour, then stir in the walnuts and dates. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are golden, and a toothpick inserted comes out cleaned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minute, then take it out of pan and cool completely.