Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodles
Spice it up with a soft and chewy cookie recipe that's nothing to snicker at.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1/2 cup Becel® Original margarine
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S® CHIPITS® Sea Salt Caramel Chips
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; set aside. Beat together Becel® Original, 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in sea salt caramel chips. Stir together remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture, then place on ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool for 2 minutes on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
Tip: For Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies, simply spread cream cheese frosting and store-bought caramel sauce between 2 cookies.