Apple Crisp with Cranberry and Pear
- Cooking time40
- Prep time20
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 medium pears
- 2 cups cranberries*
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 0.5 cup large oat flakes
- 0.33 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 0.33 cup wheat bran
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp. ground cardamom
- 0.25 tsp. allspice
- 0.33 cup Becel® salted margarine sticks
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Combine apples, pears, cranberries, granulated sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Turn into 25 cm round baking dish; set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, wheat bran and spices in medium bowl. Cut in Becel® sticks with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is size of small peas. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until fruit is tender and bubbling around edges and crumble is deep golden brown, about 40 minutes. If topping is browning too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil.