Brown Rice & Orzo Pilaf with Veggies
- Cooking time35
- Prep time15
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 0.13 tsp. salt
- 0.13 tsp. ground black pepper
- 0.13 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2.25 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, red peppers, carrot, salt, pepper and thyme, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in hot orzo and parsley.