Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
A showstopper on any holiday party table, this chocolate turtle cheesecake comes together beautifully with Becel® Sticks – a great 1:1 swap for butter.
- 2 cups (500 mL) ground up chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks, melted
- 14 ounces (400 g) soft caramels
- 5 floz (150 mL) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 lb. (500 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan.
2. Combine wafer crumbs and melted Becel® sticks. Press into bottom and up sides of springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Melt caramels with evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Pour over crust and sprinkle with pecans.
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour over pecan layer, dollop with melted chocolate and then swirl to marble.
5. Bake 50 minutes or until firm on top.
6. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan. Cool cheesecake completely on wire rack, then remove rim. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
7. Garnish with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or maraschino cherries, if desired.
370 (1 serving)
23g (1 serving)
9g (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
8g (1 serving)
50mg (1 serving)
220mg (1 serving)
38g (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
28g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
1mcg (1 serving)
91mg (1 serving)
1mg (1 serving)
188mg (1 serving)
0.4g (1 serving)
3.5g (1 serving)