Gingerbread Cookie Bars
This scrumptious cookie combines two traditional holiday treats – gingerbread and cookie bars – to create a mouthwatering bite that will make even Scrooge smile!
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Line 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan with foil or parchment paper leaving 2-inch (5 cm) overhang; spray with cooking spray and set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in cinnamon and ginger. Spread into prepared baking pan. Combine chips, cranberries and pistachios in small bowl. Evenly sprinkle over dough; press gently.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Using foil overhang, lift out of pan and cool completely. Cut into 30 pieces.
150 (1 cookie)
8g (1 cookie)
2g (1 cookie)
1.5g (1 cookie)
3g (1 cookie)
15mg (1 cookie)
140mg (1 cookie)
19g (1 cookie)
11g (1 cookie)
2g (1 cookie)
16mg (1 cookie)
1mg (1 cookie)
33mg (1 cookie)
0.4g (1 cookie)
1g (1 cookie)