Pumpkin Skillet Cake
In autumn, pumpkin pies get a lot of love. But we try to keep an open mind when baking with dessert squashes. Thankfully, that led to this.
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) PLUS 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground ginger
- 3 ounces (90 g) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Spray large nonstick, ovenproof** skillet with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended.Stir in pumpkin, chocolate chips, 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon and ginger. Spread into prepared skillet.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Combine cream cheese, remaining 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) cinnamon, icing sugar and milk in small bowl. Drizzle over cake. Cut into 24 pieces.
**Don't have an ovenproof skillet? No problem. Spread mixture in 13 x 9-in. (33 x 23 cm) baking pan instead. Bake as above. TIP: For a gluten-free version, simply replace all-purpose flour with 2-1/2 cups (625mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour, 1/3 (75mL) cup coconut flour and 1/4 (60 mL) cup potato flour.
210 (1 serving)
11g (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
1.5g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
15mg (1 serving)
190mg (1 serving)
26g (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
16g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
25mg (1 serving)
1mg (1 serving)
92mg (1 serving)
0.5g (1 serving)
1.5g (1 serving)