Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Vegetables
Quinoa is a superfood, and this recipe is super yummy.
- 2 zucchini, sliced in rounds, about 2-1/2 cups
- 1 pint (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, melted and divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. (3 mL) finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Combine zucchini and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine and arrange on half of a jelly-roll pan or baking sheet. Combine cherry tomatoes and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine and arrange on remaining half of jelly-roll pan. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with fork and stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) margarine, parsley, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Divide quinoa between 4 bowls. Evenly top each bowl with zucchini, tomatoes and avocado.
TIP: To save clean-up time, line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
See nutrition information for sodium content.
360 (1 serving)
21g (1 serving)
2.5g (1 serving)
4.5g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
260mg (1 serving)
39g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
10g (1 serving)
480% (1 serving)
4% (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
919mg (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
3.5g (1 serving)
60% (1 serving)
30% (1 serving)