Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
Coming up with fresh recipes all week long can prove daunting – stir things up with one of our faves.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 4
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) hoisin sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) hot Chinese chili sauce or hot pepper sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) Becel® Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 stalks bok choy, thickly sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm.) pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes, halved
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Combine ketchup, hoisin sauce, lime juice, soy and hot sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat Becel® Oil in large, deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat and cook chicken, onion, ginger and garlic, stirring frequently, until chicken is almost cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in carrot and a couple of tablespoons water and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in yellow peppers and bok choy. (The pan may be full, but bok choy will cook down.) Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin mixture and tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and bok choy is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.