Banana, Date and Walnut Muffins
Do you prefer the top of the muffin or the bottom? With these muffins, we think you’ll stop picking sides and go for the whole thing.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time25 min
- Portions 12
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) old fashioned or quick oats
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) ripe, mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks or Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks, melted
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped pitted dates
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Spray 12-cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, melted Becel Plant-Based Bricks, vanilla and bananas in medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into flour, then stir in the walnuts and dates. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are golden, and a toothpick inserted comes out cleaned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minute, then take it out of pan and cool completely.
This is the best recipe to use overripe bananas.