- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time10 min
- Recipe serves 4
- 4 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* , divided
- 1 small yellow onion , chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
|Calories from Fat||90.00 |
|Total Fat||10.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.400 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.200 g|
|Total Carbs||29.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.0 g|
|Vitamin C||60.0 %|
|Vitamin A||8.0 %|
- Heat broth in medium saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (30mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion and yellow pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in chicken and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese, sage and remaining 1 tablespoon (15mL) Margarine.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.