Coconut Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time30 min
- Portions 12
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Becel® unsalted margarine sticks , (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup well stirred coconut milk
- 1 package (250 g.) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup Becel® unsalted margarine sticks , (1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 3 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 1 package (200 g.) sweetened flaked coconut , divided
|Total Fat||37.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||18.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.500 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||12.000 g|
|Total Carbs||104.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.0 g|
|Vitamin D||4.000 mcg|
- For Cake, preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease and flour two 9-inch (2.5 L) round cake pans; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and coconut milk on low speed until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans; smooth tops with spatula.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire racks 15 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- For Frosting, beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add Becel® sticks and beat until blended. Beat in coconut extract. Beat in icing sugar on low speed just until blended, then beat on high speed until fluffy, about 30 seconds.
- Place 1 cake layer, top side down on serving plate. Frost with about 1 cup (250 mL) frosting, then sprinkle with about 3/4 cup (175 mL) coconut.
- Top with remaining cake layer, top side up. Frost sides and top with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with remaining coconut, pressing coconut gently into frosting.
TIP: Left over coconut milk can be frozen for future use.