- Cooking time40 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 6
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 can (796 mL.) diced tomatoes , drained (reserve 1/2 cup / 125 mL juice)
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 lb. uncooked jumbo shrimp , peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked ham , 1/2-inch (1.5 cm)
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce **
|Total Fat||7.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Total Carbs||50.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6.0 g|
|Vitamin C||80.0 %|
|Vitamin A||30.0 %|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm) baking dish; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepan over medium heat and cook celery and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juice and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
- Turn rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. **Use more or less according to taste.