French Toast with Cinnamon & Vanilla
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time5 min
- ServingsRecipe serves 4
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* , divided
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 8 slices whole grain cinnamon bread
|Calories from Fat||100.00 |
|Total Fat||11.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.500 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.100 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.900 g|
|Total Carbs||32.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.0 g|
|Vitamin C||0.0 %|
|Vitamin A||20.0 %|
- Beat milk, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Microwave 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* with syrup in small microwave-safe bowl until margarin is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, dip 4 slices bread into milk mixture. Add to skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining margarine and bread.
- Drizzle with syrup mixture and serve, if desired, with fresh berries.