Gluten Free Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time20 min
- Makes 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free pancake and baking mix *
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla exract
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
|Calories from Fat||80.00|
|Total Fat||9.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.500 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.600 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.200 g|
|Total Carbs||62.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.0 g|
|Vitamin C||4.0 %|
|Vitamin A||10.0 %|
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine gluten free pancake and baking mix with salt in medium bowl; gently toss in blueberries.
- Beat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Gently stir in pancake and baking mixture with wooden spoon. Evenly spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
*If using pancake and baking mix or flour blend without baking powder and baking soda, add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder and ¼ tsp. (1 mL) baking soda to pancake and baking mixture. **Becel Gold in Quebec