Grilled Chicken Salad with Caramelized Apples
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 2
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 large Granny Smith apple , peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 oz./227 g), grilled or broiled
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped walnuts (optional)
|Calories from Fat||120.00|
|Total Fat||13.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Total Carbs||36.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6.0 g|
|Vitamin C||20.0 %|
|Vitamin A||90.0 %|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook apple and onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until apple and onion are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken and keep warm. Spoon warm apple mixture over greens, then top with chicken. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with walnuts.
*Becel Gold in Quebec.