Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 36
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Becel® salted margarine sticks
- 1 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) icing sugar , divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract , divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Strawberry Jam , preferably seedless
- 18 small strawberries , halved
|Total Fat||8.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.000 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.500 g|
|Total Carbs||10.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.0 g|
|Vitamin D||1.000 mcg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line bottom of 15 x 10-in. (38 x 25 cm) jelly-roll pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® salted margarine sticks with 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs and 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla and beat until blended. Alternately add flour mixture and milk beating until just blended. Stir in orange peel. Evenly spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges sharp knife. Remove from pan, peel off parchment paper and discard. Cool cake completely on wire rack.
- In mixing bowl beat whipping cream, remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) icing sugar and 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Cut cake in 1/2 crosswise and spread Smucker's Strawberry jam over flat side of one half of cake, then cut into 36 pieces. Place a dollop of whipped cream over jam (using 1/2 of the whipped cream). Cut remaining 1/2 of cake into 36 pieces and place, flat side down over whipped cream. Using remaining whipped cream, top each mini cake with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry half.
See nutrition information for calories.