Peanut Butter Cookies
We asked ourselves, “PB or not PB?” We’re very happy with our choice.
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 60
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chunky peanut butter
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® salted with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in peanut butter. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with fork.
- Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
TIP: For a gluten-free version, simply replace all-purpose flour with 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour, 1/3 (75 mL) cup coconut flour and 1/4 (60 mL) cup potato flour.