- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsRecipe serves 4
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small sweet onion , finely chopped
- 2 large carrots , peeled and diced
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (439 mL.) no-salt added chick peas , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
|Calories from Fat||100.00 |
|Total Fat||11.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.500 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.100 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.900 g|
|Total Carbs||81.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9.0 g|
|Vitamin C||60.0 %|
|Vitamin A||140.0 %|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, carrots and cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is coated well, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, vinegar and chick peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 17 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook covered until rice is tender, about 3 minutes.