Savoury Braised Green Beans
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- Recipe serves 4
- 1 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 1 lb. green beans , trimmed
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. lemon juice , (optional)
|Total Fat||3.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.000 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.400 g|
|Total Carbs||10.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.0 g|
|Vitamin C||25.0 %|
|Vitamin A||20.0 %|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until green beans are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.