Once in a while, a doodle turns into a masterpiece. These cookies are a perfect example of that.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toffee bits
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix Becel® Original margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in quinoa and toffee bits. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour*.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. sugar with cinnamon. Drop by tablespoonfuls into cinnamon sugar and turn to coat. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
*For easier handling of the cookie dough, chill in between batches.