An edible garden you can eat right after “planting”? Sounds like a soil-proof plan for a vegan-friendly meal. Recipe was made exclusively for Becel by Chef Matt Dean Pettit.
- Prep time30 min
- EDIBLE GARDEN:
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) roasted almonds
- 8 heirloom carrots, cleaned
- 6 small radishes, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- WHITE BEAN DIP
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Vegan margarine
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 can (425 g) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For Edible Garden, place pumpernickel bread, olives, pumpkin seeds, raisins and almonds into a food processor. Blitz until ingredients are blended and the mixture has a soil-like consistency.
- Evenly distribute the “edible soil” on a large serving platter. “Plant” the veggies into the soil, placing them as if they were growing from it.
- For White Bean Dip, in a food processor, add Becel® Vegan margarine, shallot, cannellini beans, lemon juice and parsley. Blitz until smooth, then season with salt and black pepper. Serve alongside the edible garden as a dip.