White Chocolate and Candy Cane Holiday Cookies
White chocolate, candy cane, or soft and chewy cookies? We know it’s hard to choose…so don’t: here’s all three in one.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 26
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) HERSHEY'S® CHIPITS® White Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crushed candy canes
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together Becel® Original, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes. .
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool for 2 minutes in pan on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
Tips: You can buy crushed candy canes or crush them in a food processor. If baking with kids, here’s a good method to get them involved: place candy canes in resealable plastic bag and wrap in another plastic bag or a clean tea towel. Place on cutting board and crush with a rolling pin or meat mallet.