Best Ever Chocolate Cake
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 16
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Becel® unsalted margarine sticks , (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Becel® unsalted margarine sticks , (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
|Calories from Fat||-1.00|
|Total Fat||26.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||12.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.000 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||10.000 g|
|Total Carbs||56.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.0 g|
|Vitamin D||1.000 mcg|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) . Grease two 9-in. (2.5 L) round cake pans. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper; set aside.
- CAKE: Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in In medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar with Becel® sticks in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately beat in flour mixture and chocolate milk just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans; smooth tops with spatula.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; remove parchment paper and cool completely.
- FROSTING: Bring cream and Becel® sticks just to a boil in small saucepan or in microwave. Pour cream over chocolate chips in medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Chill just until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Put chocolate mixture in bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium-high, just until mixture becomes lighter in color and a frosting consistency (do not overbeat).
- Place one cake layer on serving platter. Spread with 1 cup (250 mL) frosting. Top with remaining cake layer; frost with remaining frosting.
For Mini Cupcakes: Line 96 mini muffin cups with mini cupcake liners. Prepare batter according to recipe above. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely.