Creamy Shrimp Risotto
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 4
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Original margarine , divided
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 3/4 lb. uncooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 Knorr® OXO® 25% Less Salt Chicken Bouillon Sachet *
- 2 1/4 cups water *
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
|Total Fat||9.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.000 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.500 g|
|Total Carbs||47.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.0 g|
|Vitamin C||80.0 %|
|Vitamin A||25.0 %|
- Melt 15 mL Becel® Original margarine in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat and cook 1 clove garlic with shrimp, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Stir in bell peppers and cook 2 minutes; remove from pan. Add remaining Becel® Original margarine and cook remaining garlic and onion until onions are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in uncooked rice and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add wine and stir until almost absorbed. Stir in OXO blended with water and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese. Return shrimp and bell peppers to pan; heat through. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
*or use 2-1/4 cups (300 mL) reduced sodium chicken stock.