Brown Rice & Orzo Pilaf with Veggies
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time15 min
- Recipe serves 6
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers , finely chopped
- 1 carrot , finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta , prepared according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
|Total Fat||5.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Total Carbs||53.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.0 g|
|Vitamin C||90.0 %|
|Vitamin A||35.0 %|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, red peppers, carrot, salt, pepper and thyme, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in hot orzo and parsley.