- Cooking time1 hr 10 min
- Prep time15 min
- Recipe serves 8
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Salt-Free margarine
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 medium carrots , chopped
- 1 medium zucchini , chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms , sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (411 g.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup lentils , rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
|Total Fat||3.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.100 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.400 g|
|Total Carbs||21.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.0 g|
|Vitamin C||30.0 %|
|Vitamin A||20.0 %|
- Melt Becel® Salt-Free margarine in large saucepot and cook onion, celery, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ground red pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Stir in water, broth, tomatoes and lentils and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, until lentils are tender, about 55 minutes. Stir in vinegar.