Roasted Carrot and Potato Soup
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time15 min
- Makes 4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots (about 3 small)
- 1 medium baking potato , finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery , (about 1 stalk)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic , halved
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Vegan margarine , melted
- 1 1/2 cups fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth , heated to boiling
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves , thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
|Calories from Fat||60.00 |
|Total Fat||7.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.500 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Total Carbs||19.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.0 g|
|Vitamin C||15.0 %|
|Vitamin A||170.0 %|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Arrange carrots, potato, celery, onion and garlic in small shallow roasting pan; drizzle with melted Becel® Vegan margarine.
- Roast, stirring once, until vegetables are tender and just starting to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Process heated broth, basil and roasted vegetables in blender until coarsely blended; thin with water to desired consistency. Stir in cheese and black pepper.