- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsRecipe serves 6
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup quinoa , rinsed according to package directions
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 apple , cored and cut in dices
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
|Calories from Fat||50.00 |
|Total Fat||6.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.000 g|
|Trans Fat||0.000 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.000 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.700 g|
|Total Carbs||26.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.0 g|
|Vitamin C||8.0 %|
|Vitamin A||6.0 %|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine over medium heat in medium saucepan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry, chili powder and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until liquid is almost absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in apple and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve chilled or room temperature.