Bean & Corn Chowder
Keep it seasonal! As the weather cools and the coats come out, we always warm up to this chowder recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Original margarine or Becel® Salt-Free margarine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) skim milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 can (540 mL) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (341 mL) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) dried parsley
1. Melt Becel® Original margarine in large saucepan over medium heat and cook carrots, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Stir in milk, chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
2. Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Please see nutrition information for sodium content.
260 (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
1g (1 serving)
1.8g (1 serving)
2.2g (1 serving)
560mg (1 serving)
43g (1 serving)
10g (1 serving)
12g (1 serving)
13g (1 serving)
20% (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
0.1g (1 serving)
0.4g (1 serving)
8% (1 serving)
30% (1 serving)