Gluten Free Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Start your morning off right with our gluten-free blueberry buttermilk muffins. Not only are these muffins easy and delicious – they’re also gluten-free too!
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) gluten-free pancake and baking mix *
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* *
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla exract
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) finely grated lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
2. Combine gluten free pancake and baking mix with salt in medium bowl; gently toss in blueberries.
3. Beat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Gently stir in pancake and baking mixture with wooden spoon. Evenly spoon into prepared muffin pan.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
*If using pancake and baking mix or flour blend without baking powder and baking soda, add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder and ¼ tsp. (1 mL) baking soda to pancake and baking mixture. **Becel Gold in Quebec Please see nutrition information for sugar content.
340 (1 muffin)
Calories from Fat
80 (1 muffin)
9g (1 muffin)
1.5g (1 muffin)
2.6g (1 muffin)
4.2g (1 muffin)
35mg (1 muffin)
390mg (1 muffin)
62g (1 muffin)
1g (1 muffin)
31g (1 muffin)
4g (1 muffin)
15% (1 muffin)
4% (1 muffin)
0.6g (1 muffin)
2.1g (1 muffin)
4% (1 muffin)
10% (1 muffin)