Grilled Chicken Florentine Burgers
In summertime, we can’t get enough of the grill, but we do tire of old staples. Upgrade summer meals with this juicy chicken burger recipe to reinvigorate the menu.
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped (about 8)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed baby spinach leaves or arugula
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded carrots, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 soft whole wheat flat rolls
1. Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and cook 1 minute or until wilted. Season, if desired, with fresh black pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet. Reserve 1/2 of the vegetable mixture in medium bowl and keep warm.
3. Combine ground chicken, carrots, green onions and remaining 1/2 of the slightly cooled vegetables in medium bowl; shape into 2 patties.
4. Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes.
5. Arrange burgers on rolls, then top with reserved vegetables.
580 (1 serving)
26g (1 serving)
5g (1 serving)
7.6g (1 serving)
11.2g (1 serving)
100mg (1 serving)
600mg (1 serving)
63g (1 serving)
11g (1 serving)
14g (1 serving)
31g (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
25% (1 serving)
1.1g (1 serving)
6.6g (1 serving)
20% (1 serving)
210% (1 serving)