Grilled Chicken Salad with Caramelized Apples
A wise person once told us that you don’t make friends with salad. With this apple and chicken salad, we respectfully disagree.
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 large Granny Smith apple or other tart apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 oz./227 g), grilled or broiled
- 4 cups (1 L) mixed salad greens or mesclun
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fat-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted, chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook apple and onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until apple and onion are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice chicken and keep warm. Spoon warm apple mixture over greens, then top with chicken. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with walnuts.
*Becel Gold in Quebec.
370 (1 serving)
Calories from Fat
120 (1 serving)
13g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
65mg (1 serving)
360mg (1 serving)
36g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
25g (1 serving)
28g (1 serving)
2% (1 serving)
10% (1 serving)
33mg (1 serving)
0.8g (1 serving)
2.8g (1 serving)
20% (1 serving)
90% (1 serving)