Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
Coming up with fresh recipes all week long can prove daunting – stir things up with one of our faves.
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) hoisin sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) hot Chinese chili sauce or hot pepper sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) Becel® Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 stalks bok choy, thickly sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm.) pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes, halved
1. Combine ketchup, hoisin sauce, lime juice, soy and hot sauce in small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat Becel® Oil in large, deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat and cook chicken, onion, ginger and garlic, stirring frequently, until chicken is almost cooked, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in carrot and a couple of tablespoons water and cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in yellow peppers and bok choy. (The pan may be full, but bok choy will cook down.) Cook 2 minutes.
5. Stir in hoisin mixture and tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and bok choy is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
169 (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
0.6g (1 serving)
1.5g (1 serving)
1.4g (1 serving)
49mg (1 serving)
287mg (1 serving)
12g (1 serving)
1.9g (1 serving)
6g (1 serving)
21g (1 serving)
8% (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
531mg (1 serving)
0.1g (1 serving)
0.8g (1 serving)
200% (1 serving)
100% (1 serving)