Mini Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- Cooking time17
- Prep time20
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Becel® salted margarine sticks
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Beat Becel® sticks and sugar until well blended and lightened in color, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Add flour until you almost have a ball of dough. Stir in mini chocolate chips and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide dough into sixteen 1/2" to 1" (1.25 to 2.5-cm) balls, flattening with a fork dipped in flour or icing sugar. Arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges and bottoms are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.