Savoury & Sweet Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Savoury and sweet flavours combine in a side dish, that just might be the main event. Recipe was made exclusively for Becel by Chef Matt Dean Pettit.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dried sage
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Manuka honey, slightly heated to soften
- Pinch each salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each sweet potato, 1/8 to 1/4-in. (3 to 6 mm) apart, stopping about ¼ in. (6 mm) from the bottom. Your sweet potato should look like an accordion.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine melted Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* nutmeg, sage and honey.
4. Place sweet potatoes on parchment paper-lined baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, brush honey mixture over the tops and into the grooves of each sweet potato. Reserve remaining honey mixture as glaze after baking.
5. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until sweet potatoes are soft and fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and brush sweet potatoes with the remaining honey mixture. Serve warm.
*Becel Gold in Quebec
290 (1 serving)
12g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
170mg (1 serving)
44g (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
23g (1 serving)
29g (1 serving)
53mg (1 serving)
1mg (1 serving)
451mg (1 serving)
0.9g (1 serving)
2.5g (1 serving)