We remember getting off the elevator in our old apartment building, smelling this in the hallway, and hoping it was from our kitchen.
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tub (about 1 Tbsp/15 mL) Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 The Fat mayonnaise-type dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces (250 g) bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (180 g. ea.) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarse or Panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
2. Melt Becel® Original margarine in large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour with wire whisk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and water until blended. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally with wire whisk, until thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing and cheese and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
3. Combine bowtie pasta with sauce mixture in large bowl. Stir in tuna and peas; turn into 2-quart baking dish, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
4. Bake uncovered until golden and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
TIP: To omit baking step, leave off crumb topping and serve in saucepan or casserole dish.
See nutritional information for sodium content.
280 (1 serving)
11g (1 serving)
2g (1 serving)
25mg (1 serving)
630mg (1 serving)
46g (1 serving)
3g (1 serving)
4g (1 serving)
23g (1 serving)
6% (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)
10% (1 serving)
15% (1 serving)