Vegan Frozen Dessert Sandwiches
The party was on a Saturday during a particularly hot summer. We needed something that would wow guests and keep them cool at the same time. This is a mouthful you’re going to want to try!
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Vegan margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups (675 mL) Ben & Jerry's® P.B & Cookies Frozen Desert Non-Dairy or any other variant, slightly softened
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Mix Becel® Vegan margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Add 2 tsp. (10 mL) cinnamon and maple extract. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart.
3. Bake 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
4. Once cooled, add 1-1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) Ben & Jerry’s® Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert between two cookies. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. Store in freezer until ready to serve.
See nutrition information for saturated fat content.
180 (1 sandwich)
10g (1 sandwich)
2.5g (1 sandwich)
170mg (1 sandwich)
22g (1 sandwich)
1g (1 sandwich)
13g (1 sandwich)
2g (1 sandwich)
14% (1 sandwich)
1% (1 sandwich)
20% (1 sandwich)