We’ve joined with local charities across Canada that provide support to people facing food insecurity across multiple regions, including:
- Food For Life, Toronto, Ontario
- Barrie Food Bank, Barrie, Ontario
- Feed the Need, Durham, Ontario
- Project Share, Niagara, Ontario
- Harvest Share, Parry Sound/Muskoka, Ontario
- Unemployed Help Centre, Windsor, Ontario
- Regional Food Distribution, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Food For All, Green River, New Brunswick
- Feed Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Regina Food Bank, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Airdrie Food Bank, Airdrie, Alberta
Becel® is proud to celebrate the kindheartedness of these charitable organizations and their community volunteers on our website and social channels.
By sharing their stories, we hope to inspire further acts of kindheartedness across Canada.
Why Support the Becel® Kind Hearts Fund?
Food insecurity is the inability to access nutritious food in socially acceptable ways, or the uncertainty that one will be able to do so. Household food insecurity is often linked with a household’s financial ability to access adequate food. Currently, almost one in seven (14.6% ) Canadians live with food insecurity, and the pandemic has brought about additional financial and food instability for many families.
By supporting these local charities, Becel® aims to get food onto the plates of those who need it most.