Thai-Style Chicken with Tomatoes and Basil
Flavours from Thailand inspired this delicious dish, which pairs perfectly with rice or is satisfying all on its own.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time20 min
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) Becel® Oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 3 cups (750 mL) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed fresh basil leaves
- Heat Becel® Oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken with slotted spoon to dish.
- Add mushrooms to wok and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add anchovy paste, paprika, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and soy sauce. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil, then return chicken to wok; heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
Please see nutrition information for sodium content.