Unless you’re playing cards, folding is a good thing. That’s especially true with this hearty chicken fajita recipe.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 (15 cm. ea.) whole wheat tortillas, heated
- 3/4 lb. (340 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) cayenne pepper
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL.) Becel® Oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, peppers and garlic until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining Oil to skillet and brown chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice, chilli powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Return vegetables to skllet; heat through.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables onto tortillas. Top, if desired, with chopped tomatoes, refried beans, lowfat yogurt, light sour cream and shredded lowfat cheddar cheese. Roll up and enjoy.