Banana Nut Muffins
Sometimes you want a crunchy breakfast. Other times, you want soft. But you shouldn’t have to make big decisions before your first coffee.
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 12
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) old fashioned or quick oats
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (125 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free vanilla or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C ). Generously grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line pan with cupcake liners and generously grease liners; set aside.
- Combine flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat (1 stick) Becel® sticks and sugar in another large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, yogurt and vanilla on low speed until blended and smooth. Slowly beat in flour mixture until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in bananas and pecans. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.