Gluten Free Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Start your morning off right with our gluten-free blueberry buttermilk muffins. Not only are these muffins easy and delicious – they’re also gluten-free too!
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time20 min
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) gluten-free pancake and baking mix *
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla exract
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine gluten free pancake and baking mix with salt in medium bowl; gently toss in blueberries.
- Beat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Gently stir in pancake and baking mixture with wooden spoon. Evenly spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
*If using pancake and baking mix or flour blend without baking powder and baking soda, add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder and ¼ tsp. (1 mL) baking soda to pancake and baking mixture. **Becel Gold in Quebec Please see nutrition information for sugar content.