Buttery Lobster Rolls
East Coast taste just got a little more plant based. Even if the ocean is kilometres away, a delicious, buttery flavour is within reach.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 6
- 1 lb. (450 g) cooked lobster meat
- 5 Tbsp. (75 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 6 top sliced hot dog buns
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Heat 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, until just heated through. Stir in lemon juice. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks in the same skillet until melted and beginning to sizzle. Arrange rolls in skillet on their sides (you are toasting the outsides, not the insides) and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Divide lobster mixture evenly among rolls. Serve with lemon wedges.
During this time, when ingredients may be hard to find, we've listed some easy substitutions.
- Substitute chopped shrimp, scallops, crabmeat or surimi for the lobster.
- Any soft roll can be used instead of hot dog buns.
- If you don't have lemons or lemon juice, simply omit. Or you can add a little of your favorite hot sauce.
- If you don't have Becel Plant-Based Bricks, any Becel product will work.