Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
This pumpkin season, anything goes – in fact, we think these pumpkin streusel muffins will go particularly fast.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 12
- 1 cup (250 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. (30 mL.) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. (6 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp. (6 mL) nutmeg, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) PLUS 3 Tbsp. (45 mL.) firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray 12-cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 tsp. (5 mL.) cinnamon and 1 tsp. (5 mL.)nutmeg in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup (175 mL.) brown sugar, oil, pumpkin, egg, and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture just until moistened. Stir in raisins. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Combine remaining 3 Tbsp. (15 mL.) brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL.) all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. (1 mL.) cinnamon, 1 tsp. (1 mL.) nutmeg and Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in small bowl using a fork; sprinkle on batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Serve warm or cool completely.
*Becel Gold in Quebec. Please see nutrition information for sugar content.