Ginger and Sesame Steak Salad
Ever been on a trip you wished would never end? The flavours in this steak salad take us around the world and back again, transforming salad into a hearty main course.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time20 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) light soy sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) finely grated fresh ginger or 2 mL ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Becel® Oil
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) hot pepper sauce, (optional)
- 3/4 lb. (375 g) boneless sirloin steak
- 3 quarts (3 L) mixed salad greens, (such as romaine, arugula, red leaf, etc.)
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) fresh asparagus, trimmed, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, (optional)
- Blend orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, Becel® Oil and hot pepper sauce with wire whisk in small bowl. Pour ¼ cup (50 mL) dressing over steak in shallow non-aluminum dish, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. Reserve remaining dressing.
- Grill or broil steak until desired doneness, turning once, about 6 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice thinly on the diagonal.
- Toss reserved dressing with salad greens, asparagus, red pepper, cucumber, green onions and cilantro. Top with steak.