Brioche French Toast Rolls
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time8 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 6-8 slices brioche bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Becel®Unsalted Sticks
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- salt, to taste
- icing sugar, to serve
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Filling
- 4 tablespoons Becel®Unsalted Sticks
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon, brown sugar and 4 tbsp softened Becel. Set aside.
- Lay bread slices on a cutting board or flat surface and trim off the crust. Using a rolling pin flatten each slice to ⅛'' thickness.
- Spread a thin layer about ½ tbsp of cinnamon-brown sugar spread onto each slice with one layer of strawberries at the bottom then gently roll up each slice.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, ½ tsp cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt then whisk and set aside.
- Use a non-stick pan at medium heat and melt 2 tbsp Becel spread. Dip each roll into the egg wash and transfer to the pan.
- Cook rolls on all sides for 1- 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot and top with syrup or icing sugar.