Chocolate Chip Scones
- Prep time5 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Plant-Based Unsalted Bricks, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegan chocolate chips
|Energy (kcal)||240 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1003 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||27.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||26.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.9 g|
|Fat (g)||12.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||10.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||412 mg|
|Salt (g)||96.58 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||749 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||91 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.50 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||35 mg|
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Mix Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream and lemon juice in a small bowl, and set aside for 10 minutes, or until the cream starts to curdle.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Stir in the Becel® Plant-Based Bricks and reserved plant-based whipping cream and lemon juice mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Knead the dough a few times and then shape it into a circle about 1'' tall. Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Transfer biscuits onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops of biscuits generously with plant cream.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. The biscuits should be nicely golden brown.